Pathway to become an Event Organiser
The pathway to become an Event Organiser so you can organise AMA motor vehicle sport or recreation events and any associated activities, starts with you signing up as an AMA Event Organiser with the relevant AMA Category.
What is an Event Organiser?
An Event Organiser has the overall responsibility for the organisation of AMA motor vehicle events and their associated activities.
- Agree date, budget, format and delivery & register event
- Book HQ; recruit: referee, leader, first aid, volunteers, marshals, etc
- Carry out risk assessments & demonstrate a duty of care
- Contact and communicate with all team members
- Publicise and promote events and produce programme
- Manage entries and communicate with participants
- Organise equipment and signage
- Conduct briefings and debriefings
- Complete administration of forms, payment of levy and expenses
- Compile event report and results.
Benefits of being an event organiser
- Free Sport and Recreation Membership in the particular discipline to be organised (upon approval of role)
- Support from AMA before, during and post tasks
- Access to a dedicated dashboard for event organiser including useful resources, templates, and guides to help with the delivery of the event
- Event insurance
- Event management system
- Online entry
- Event listing and marketing
- Support from AMA's regional events team
- Event timing
- Risk assessment guidance
Fulfil event organisation requirements within the standard timescales.
Need to know more before you get involved?
To find out more about event organisation in your region please contact your Regional Events Officer in the first instance.
If you're already a member and would like to get started as an event organiser, send us an email at email@example.com quoting your name and account number along with your request to register as an event organiser and tell us about the events you'd like to organise and what experience if any, you've had in organising the intended events.
firstname.lastname@example.org / T: 0488 196 944
Register an event
Registering an AMA is simple. Everything is done online via the event organiser's console.