What is an Event Organiser?
An Event Organiser has the overall responsibility for the organisation of recreational activities including Non Driving and Riding Events and recreational Guided Driving and Riding Events as well as some sporting events including motorcycle gymkhana.
Any AMA member can register to become an event organiser and organise low risk recreational non diriving or riding events, but to organise and lead recreational guided driving or riding events, an event organiser must first achieve the award (qualification) as an Recreation Leader.
Overview of responsibilities
- Agree date, budget, format and delivery & register event
- Book HQ; recruit: first aid, volunteers, marshals, NEG, AMs
- Carry out risk assessments & demonstrate a duty of care
- Contact and communicate with all team members
- Publicise and promote events and produce programme
- Manage entries and communicate with participants
- Organise equipment and signage
- Conduct briefings and debriefings
- Complete administration of forms, payment of levy and expenses
- Compile report and results.
Benefits of being an event organiser
- Free AMA PLUS Membership (upon approval of role)
- Support from AMA before, during and post tasks
- Access to a dedicated dashboard for event organiser including useful resources, templates, and guides to help with the delivery of the event
- Event insurance
- Event management system
- Online entry
- Event listing and marketing
- Support from AMA's regional events team
- Risk assessment guidance
Fulfil event organisation requirements within the standard timescales.
How to get involved?
If you're already a member and would like to get started as an event organiser, send us an email at email@example.com quoting your name and membership number along with your request to register as an event organiser and tell us about the events you'd like to organise and what experience if any, you've had in organising the intended events.