About the AMA Clubs
The AMA Clubs is a membership organisation. Joining the club entitles members to the benefits offered by the Association of Motorcycle and Automobile Clubs (AMA). The benefits include participating in any AMA sanctioned activity or event, promoted by the AMA, its Divisions, Chapters, Branches or Chartered Clubs, anywhere in the world.
About the AMA
The group of AMA clubs are Not For Profit (NFP) companies lmited by guarantee.
The Mission of the AMA is to develop, promote and protect the motor vehicle lifestyle.
The object for which the Company is established is the encouragement of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation by:
- encouraging, advancing, conducting, guiding, promoting and governing all levels of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for AMA Clubs Members;
- promoting the provision and development of appropriate facilities for AMA Clubs Members to participate in motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation;
- maintaining and enhancing standards and quality of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for the collective and mutual benefit and interests of AMA Clubs Members and motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation;
- promoting, governing, managing and conducting motor vehicle driver and rider education, sport, recreation, competitions, championships and associated events for AMA Clubs members;
- promoting motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for commercial, government and public recognition and benefits; and
- supporting, affiliating and liaising with other organisations in pursuit of these objectives.
The Vision of the AMA is more people camping, driving, riding and racing more often.
About AMA Divisions
Each discipline (activity) of the AMA is identitifed as a registered trading name, eg. Personal Water Craft Association of Australia (PWCAA), which is known as an AMA Division. Each AMA Division usually has a small but dedicated volunteer team to help coordinate the activities and events of the Division.
About AMA Chapters
An AMA Chapter is an official group of enthusiasts in a local area, that meet and camp, drive or ride together as a group under the auspices of an AMA Division, eg. Personal Water Craft Association Gold Coast Chapter (PWCAA GC Chapter). Chapters can promote social gatherings, coaching clinics, camping meets, recreational driving and riding outings and non competitive motor vehicle sporting activities. AMA Chapters can not promote any form of competitive sporting event.
About AMA Branches
An AMA Branch is a direct NFP subsidiary/ child company of the AMA, which means it has a committee as any normal club does, but unlike a traditional club, which has voting members and a committee, an AMA Branch does not have these voting members. All members join at the national level only and an entitlement of membership to the AMA Clubs is to participate in the activities of the AMA, its Divisions, Chapters, Branches and Chartered Organisations.
About Chartered Clubs
An exisiting incorporated club can charter with the AMA. A Charter is a formal agreement between the AMA and its member organizations to uphold the AMA’s mission and standards for event operation. A Chartered club does not organise AMA events, it only provides simple back of house, administrative services for an AMA event such as event bookings, financial management, event promotion, etc. Only AMA certified officials organise AMA events.