The AMA Clubs is a membership organisation. Joining the AMA Clubs entitles members to the benefits offered by the Australian Motorist Association and the Australian Motorcyclist Association (the AMA). The benefits include participating in any AMA sanctioned activity or event, promoted by the AMA, its Divisions, Groups, Branches or Charters, anywhere in Australia and elsewhere in the world.
About the AMA
The AMA not for profit organisations are about local grassroots participation in recreational vehicle and motor vehicle sport and recreation. The sensible structure of the AMA means camping, driving, riding and racing is made affordable for the whole family, so you can get outdoors and do what you love most, either 'on road' or 'off road'.
The Mission of the AMA is to develop, promote and protect the motor vehicle and recreational vehicle lifestyle.
The object for which the Company is established is the encouragement of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation by:
- encouraging, advancing, conducting, guiding, promoting and governing all levels of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for AMA Clubs Members;
- promoting the provision and development of appropriate facilities for AMA Clubs Members to participate in motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation;
- maintaining and enhancing standards and quality of motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for the collective and mutual benefit and interests of AMA Clubs Members and motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation;
- promoting, governing, managing and conducting motor vehicle driver and rider education, sport, recreation, competitions, championships and associated events for AMA Clubs members;
- promoting motor vehicle driver and rider sport and recreation for commercial, government and public recognition and benefits; and
- supporting, affiliating and liaising with other organisations in pursuit of these objectives.
The Vision of the AMA is more people camping, driving, riding and racing more often.
About AMA Divisions
AMA Divisions are the various disciplines (activities) of the AMA which are identified with an ASIC registered trading name. Each Division is housed under the relevant social, education, sport and recreation event categories and usually has a small but dedicated volunteer team to help coordinate the activities and events of the Division. Read More >>
About AMA Groups
An AMA Group is an official group of enthusiasts in a local area, that meet and camp socially, drive or ride together recreationally, or participiate in non competitive motor sport as a group under the auspices of an AMA Division. AMA Groups can not promote any form of competitive sporting event. Read More >>
About AMA Branches
An AMA Branch is a direct NFP subsidiary/ child company of the AMA, which means it has a committee as any normal club does, but unlike traditional clubs, which have voting members and a committee, an AMA Branch does not have these voting members. All members join at the national level only and an entitlement of membership to the AMA Clubs is to participate in the activities promoted by the AMA, its Divisions, Chapters, Branches and Charters. Read More >>
About AMA Promoters
A Promoter of AMA sanctioned events can be the AMA itself, its Divisions, Chapters, Branches or other organisations, which do not recognise the AMA as the parent body. These other organisations are also insured by the AMA for providing promoting services. Read More >>